Skip to content
Food can be sorted in different categories:
– Groceries: basics to cook yourself or to warm up. All also offer some catering. Prices are equivalent to Norway, except fresh items and dairies that are very expensive.
– Cafés propose sandwiches, daily dish and soup for less than 100NOK.
– Hamburgers, pizzas, daily dishes in restaurants and pubs range between 120-250NOK.
– Taverns, regular restaurants provide regular dishes from 200 to 500NOK.
– Gastronomic restaurants offer several courses meals, from 850NOK and more with additional wine pairing.
Drinks in Svalbard is much cheaper than in Norway, but still expensive: count around 70NOK for a beer.
More and more offer vegetarian dishes, sometimes vegan (but it is far from being the main fashion), as well as lactose-free and gluten-free. Think about mentioning your dietary restriction when you book your tours and order your food.